National and World News

Controversy erupts over Rolling Stone cover featuring Boston Bombing suspect

The cover of “Rolling Stone” magazine usually features rock stars and celebrities; which is why many people are calling the magazine’s August 3rd edition “tasteless.”

It shows a photo of the surviving Boston bombings suspect, Dzokhar Tsarnaev.

Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty to 30 counts related to the bombings which killed three people and injured more than 260.

The magazine’s cover story claims to give an account of how a “charming kid with a bright future became a monster.”

14 Comments to “Controversy erupts over Rolling Stone cover featuring Boston Bombing suspect”

McHoody said:
    July 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

The editors at Rolling Stone must be on drugs again.

Jock E Shift said:
      July 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Don't you mean still on drugs?

Maia said:
    July 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM

They have a freedom of speech, I actually find the story to be intriguing and daring. It’s telling the story of something that’s actually reality, these are the kinds of people we are letting in our country, into our communities. He is charming : ) ! , they are making people look at the truth. Don’t be mad at them for expressing themselves in a bodacious daring way, it got your attention didn’t it?

Hal said:
    July 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Rolling Stone just inspired future terrorists that they can also be on the cover of the rolling stone.

roy said:
    July 17, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The only good thing about that magazine is that it would make a good silhouette target.

Joe said:
    July 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM

What a Disgrace
    I will never purchase or read that magazine again

Connor said:
    July 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I wouldn't purchase that edition of the magazine in my lifetime!

winston said:
    July 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I grew up in the Chicago area but now live in Cocoa Beach, Florida. I work for a company that changes the magazines in several stores in my area. I just got a email telling me that I will not put up the new magazine in cvs, walgreens and winn dixe stores this friday.

Carol Cummings said:
    July 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Why give publicity to it (the bomber)? Encouraging this is all wrong…..I don't purchase this magazine, anyway, but I hope those that do …. don't anymore….. in very bad taste….shame on you Rolling Stone!

Disgusted said:
    July 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Where are Rolling Stones' loyalties? They obviously have misplaced them. I, too will not purchase this magazine (and yes, I frequently do) and I also will boycott companies advertising in this publication.