Cubs Game Notes For Thursday vs. St. Louis
* The Cardinals beat the Astros, 5-4, on Wednesday, and finished up their homestand with a mark of 5-0, with three of those victories coming by a single run. St. Louis is 11-10 in one-run affairs this season.
* Chicago dropped a 13-2 decision to the Angels last night, snapping its four-game winning streak in the process. The Cubs have allowed 12 or more runs four times in 2013 – tied with the Phillies for most of any NL club.
* St. Louis leads the season-series with Chicago, 4-2, including a 1-1 mark at Wrigley Field. Dating to July 10, 2009, these two clubs have met 30 times in Chicago and each has won 15 of those contests.
* Jake Westbrook went 7.0 innings and allowed just one run in his last outing, earning a win over the Marlins for his efforts. Westbrook is 4-0 with a 2.35 ERA in his last six starts against the Cubs.
* Edwin Jackson beat Pittsburgh at home in his last outing (5.2 IP, 1 ER) and including two straight wins, is 4-2 with a 4.15 ERA in his last six starts overall (started season 1-8, 6.29 ERA in his first 11 starts of 2013). Jackson is 1-3 with a 4.87 ERA in seven career starts against the Cardinals.
* Matt Holliday went 2-for-4 in yesterday’s setback and is now 4-for-10 with two home runs and five RBI in his last three games overall. Holliday is 8-for-20 with a homer and two RBI during his current five-game hitting streak against the Cubs.