White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday @ Detroit
* The White Sox were belted, 8-2, by the Cubs last night and have now dropped four straight and 10 of their last 12 contests. Chicago is 34-52 on the season – its worst record through 86 games since starting the 1989 campaign with a mark of 32-54.
* Detroit beat Cleveland, 4-2, in 10 innings last night, earning its sixth victory in the last seven games in the process. The Tigers are now just 3-9 (.250) in extra-inning contests this season – third worst in MLB.
* The Tigers won nine of the last 11 overall meetings in 2012 vs. the White Sox, and dating to September of 2010, are 18-3 in their last 21 games against Chicago at Comerica Park.
* Jose Quintana went 7.0 innings and allowed zero runs in his last outing (July 4 vs. Orioles), but the bullpen couldn’t hold a 2-0 lead, and he garnered his seventh straight no-decision. Quintana (1-0, 3.86 ERA in two career starts vs. Detroit) has recorded 22 no-decisions since beginning his MLB career in 2012 – most of any AL starter during that span.
* Justin Verlander has faced the White Sox 19 times since the beginning of 2008, and has posted either a win or loss in every one of those starts (13-6 record).
* Miguel Cabrera went 0-for-3 in last night’s win, posting just his 15th hitless game of the season. Cabrera (.374 BA, 11 HR, 30 RBI vs. White Sox since 2011) has been held without a hit in back-to-back games just once in 2013 (June 12 and 14).