* The Cubs have outscored their opponents 16-6 during their current three-game winning streak. These teams have split their two meetings so far this season.
* The Angels have won 10 of their last 12 games overall and will be looking to extend their current road winning streak to eight in a row.
* Travis Wood is 0-3 in his last six starts and will be seeking his first win since May 30. Wood is 2-3 with a 3.50 ERA in 10 career interleague starts.
* Joe Blanton is 2-3 with a 4.08 ERA in his last nine starts after going 0-7 with a 6.46 ERA in his first eight starts of the season. Blanton’s 10 losses on the season are tied for the most among AL pitchers.
* Josh Hamilton is hitting .372 with four doubles, two homers and nine RBI during his current 12-game hitting streak – tied for the longest hitting streak by an Angel this season (Alberto Callaspo).
* Alfonso Soriano has four doubles, six homers and 15 RBI in his last 10 games and has hit three doubles in his two games against the Angels this season.