White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Cubs
* The Cubs outscored the White Sox, 24-6, while winning three previous games against the White Sox in 2013. However, the White Sox still lead the all-time series versus their cross-town rivals, 49-44.
* After taking two of three games from Pittsburgh, the Cubs have now won five of their last seven series. The Cubs improved to 13-10 since June 13 (25-38 prior).
* The White Sox scored a total of four runs while losing three games at Tampa Bay this weekend. The Sox were at .500 through May 26 (24-24), but are 10-27 since, the lowest winning percentage (.270) in the majors.
* Matt Garza has allowed a grand total of three runs (and no more than one run in any outing) while going 3-0 over his last four starts. His 0.90 ERA since June 16 is the lowest in MLB (minimum 20 IP).
* Adam Dunn’s 43 career home runs versus the Cubs are his most against any single opponent. However, 32 of those homers have been solo, and he’s driven in a grand total of only 75 runs against the Cubs.
* Gordon Beckham went 2-for-4 on Sunday and has collected multiple hits in five of six games in July. He’s batting .500 for the month (11-for-22). His .341 average for the season overall ranks third in the American League among players with at least 125 plate appearances.