Midday FIx: How To Make Ice Cream
- After ice cream mixture is cooked, let bowl cool in a ice bath before transferring to Kitchenaid
- Follow instructions on the kitchenaid (or other manufacturer’s) machine
- For the finished product, put plastic wrap directly on the ice cream to prevent an icy layer
- Don’t be afraid to try different flavors and don’t be afraid to mess up – it should be fun!
Demonstrating ice cream:
- Creating the vanilla base:
- Chef Leigh will show ingredients being cooked on the stove
- then the ice bath
- then transferring mixture to the Kitchenaid
- then the finished product
- Creating the fruit puree:
- Chef Leigh will demo a strawberry-basil puree and show how to select fruit, turn it into a puree and blend it in with the vanilla ice cream base
- Finished plate up – Chef Leigh will present the finalized plate up of the Strawberry-Basil ice cream in a beautiful dish, garnished
- Additional beauty shot – for explanation ONLY. Will not be demonstrated.
- Chef Leigh will show another creative option, Moscato ice cream. (Moscato is an Italian wine). She incorporates Moscato ice cream in Café des Architectes’ signature dessert, Noir Chocolat.
- Chef Leigh will then talk about other unique flavor combinations to try.
Café des Architectes
20 E. Chestnut St.
Chicago IL 60611
In Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood