An animal shelter in Northwest Indiana is asking for donations of supplies, after a fire in the shelter’s laundry room.
Workers say a dryer caught fire Monday night at the Humane Society Calumet Area facility in Munster.
No animals were injured, but about 300 dogs, cats and other animals were temporarily evacuated as smoke filled the building.
The fire destroyed about 75 percent of the shelter’s linens.
The shelter is looking for 55-gallon trash bags, bleach, disinfectant wipes, liquid laundry detergent, large towels, blankets and pet beds.