* The Indians are 13-14 (.481) against left-handed starters this season. They are scheduled to face two lefty starters on Friday.
* The White Sox are hitting just .229 at home this season, lowest among all AL clubs. They have upped that batting average a little this month (.250 in eight home games).
* Carlos Carrasco is looking for his first MLB victory since June 29, 2011, losing all eight of his decisions since then (0-3 in 2013). That is tied for the sixth-longest active streak of consecutive decisions without a win.
* Adam Dunn has hit eight home runs this month, which is tied with Evan Longoria for third most among AL players.
* Jason Kipnis has 33 hits this month, which is second most among AL players. Kipnis has had at least one hit in nine straight, and in 19 of his last 20, games.