White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Mets
* New York beat Philadelphia, 8-0, on Sunday and has now won five of its last seven games overall (all on the road). The whitewash was the Mets’ third of the season overall and first on the road.
* Chicago lost, 7-6, in Kansas City on Sunday, finishing up its 10-game road trip with a mark of 3-7. The White Sox are just 7-18 in the last 25 contests overall – worst of any team in MLB since games of May 27.
* These clubs split two games earlier this season at Citi Field (May 7-8) in just the second series between the two all-time. Prior to that matchup, the only other time the White Sox and Mets had played was in 2002 (Chicago won two of three in that series).
* Zack Wheeler went 6.0 innings and allowed zero runs vs. the Braves last Tuesday, winning his MLB debut in the process. Wheeler and Sunday’s winner, Matt Harvey, are a combined 8-1 with a 1.94 ERA in 2013 (rest of Mets’ starters are a combined 10-27 with a 4.72 ERA this season).
* Including a loss to the Twins in his last start, Chris Sale is 0-4 with a 3.08 ERA in four outings this month (5-2, 2.53 ERA in first nine starts of 2013). Sale will be making his first career appearance vs. the Mets tonight.
* Dayan Viciedo went 1-for-4 on Sunday and is now batting .303 (10-for-33) during his current eight-game hitting streak. Adam Dunn hit his 20th homer of 2013 in Sunday’s game – the 11th time in 13 MLB seasons that he’s gone deep at least 20 times.