Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday at Milwaukee
* The Cubs beat the Astros, 14-6, on Sunday, recording their first 10+ run performance of the season in the process. Chicago is 6-5 in its last 11 road contests (8-16 in first 24 road games of 2013).
* Milwaukee dropped a 7-4 decision to Atlanta on Sunday and had its five-game home winning streak snapped with the loss. The Brewers have now allowed seven or more runs 20 times in 2013 – second most of any NL squad (Mets – 21).
* The Brewers have taken four of five from the Cubs in 2013, including all three games at Miller Park. Dating to June 6 last season, Milwaukee has won eight straight home games vs. Chicago, outscoring the Cubs by a combined 43-19 in those contests.
* Edwin Jackson went 5.1 innings and allowed four runs (all earned) vs. the Cardinals last Wednesday, losing for a team-high ninth time of the season in the process. Jackson is 2-1 with a 0.90 ERA in his last three starts vs. the Brewers at Miller Park.
* Despite recording his fourth straight quality start, Kyle Lohse took a no-decision in his last outing against the Astros, and is now 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA this month. Lohse is 3-0 with a 3.38 ERA in last six starts vs. the Cubs, last losing to Chicago nearly three years ago (August 15, 2010).
* Including a 1-for-3 performance on Sunday, Rickie Weeks is batting .393 (11-for-28) during his current team-high eight-game hitting streak. Weeks has upped his batting average 54 points (from .167 to .221) since games of May 22.