* The Cubs and Cardinals have split their two matchups so far this season, with each game being decided by just one run. St. Louis has won each of its last four home games against the Cubs.
* Chicago is hitting just .226 with runners in scoring position this season, the second-lowest mark in the majors. St. Louis is hitting .342 with runners in scoring position, the best mark in baseball.
* Shelby Miller, who leads all rookies with seven victories this season, will be making his first career start against the Cubs. Miller is 3-0 with a 0.65 ERA in his last four home starts.
* Travis Wood is 0-2 with a 2.08 ERA in his last two starts and is 3-2 with a 4.71 ERA in seven career starts against the Cardinals.
* Carlos Beltran has collected at least one hit in each of his last seven home games, hitting .364 with two homers and nine RBI in that span. Beltran is hitting .533 (8-for-15) with one double, one homer and four RBI in his last four games against the Cubs.