* The White Sox have won three of their last four games, averaging 5.75 runs per game over that stretch. Over their eleven games prior to the four-game period, Chicago averaged just 2.64 runs per game while winning just one game.
* Houston ended a six-game losing streak by beating Seattle on Wednesday. It was its first win in 39 games this season when trailing after eight innings. Houston scored six runs in the ninth to beat Seattle after scoring zero runs in the previous 17 innings, and just seven runs during the previous six games.
* Erik Bedard has been a better pitcher at home this season than on the road. His home ERA (3.05) is less than half that of his road ERA (6.69) and his home K/BB ratio (2.4) is nearly twice as high as his K/BB ratio on the road (1.3).
* Chris Sale has pitched at least seven innings in nine of his 11 starts this season, tied for the third most starts of at least seven innings in the AL this season. In one career start against Houston, Sale threw eight shutout innings.
* J.D. Martinez is currently riding a five-game hitting streak, during which he has hit 6-for-18 (.333). He has recorded at least one hit in 14 of his last 16 games. Martinez has just two hits in 13 career at bats against the White Sox.
* Over his past four games, Adam Dunn has gone 8-for-15 with four home runs and seven RBI. Dunn is just 5-for-50 this season against left-handed pitchers like Bedard.