* Cub pitchers struck out 19 batters in the team’s 14-inning victory over Cincinnati on Thursday; their most in a game since striking out 20 in a 12-inning loss to the Marlins, July 26, 2008.
* Met relievers have been unable to bail out the team’s starters with any consistency this season, allowing 36.1 percent of inherited runners to score. Only the Phillies’ relievers have been worse (42.0%).
* Opponents are hitting just .222 (22/99) against Edwin Jackson in his five road starts this season, as opposed to .324 in his seven home starts.
* David Wright has an active seven-game hitting streak against the Cubs, batting .385 (10/26) with seven RBI during this streak.
* While Shaun Marcum is winless (0-7) this season, he is 4-0 in five career starts against the Cubs. He is one of 10 active pitchers who have never lost to the Cubs (minimum five starts).