White Sox Game Notes For Monday vs. Toronto
* The Blue Jays lost, 6-4, to the Rangers yesterday, snapping their 3-game win streak in the process. Toronto is 19-3 when scoring five or more runs this season, but just 8-32 when scoring less than five times in 2013.
* Chicago defeated Oakland, 4-2, on Sunday and has now posted back-to-back victories for the first time since May 25-26. The White Sox are 18-11 when putting at least four runs on the scoreboard in 2013 (16-28 when scoring less than four times).
* These two clubs split four games in Toronto earlier this season (April 15-18), each winning twice. Dating to May 7, 2010, the Jays and Sox have taken the field 12 times at U.S. Cellular, and both teams have won six of those contests.
* R.A. Dickey pitched 8.1 innings of shutout ball vs. the Giants in his last start (June 5), snapping his personal 2-game losing streak with the win. Including a victory at U.S. Cellular on April 10, 2009, Dickey is 2-0 with a 4.38 ERA in three starts against the White Sox overall.
* Dylan Axelrod went 5.1 innings and allowed zero runs vs. the Mariners last Wednesday, but got a no-decision for his efforts. Axelrod is 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA in three career starts vs. the Blue Jays (includes no-decision earlier this season).
* Edwin Encarnacion was 8-for-14 (.571 BA) in his first four games against the White Sox this year. Including 2013, Encarnacion is batting .429 (18-for-42) with two homers and five RBI during his current 11-game hitting streak vs. Chicago.