Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. Reds
* The Reds lost, 11-4, to the Cardinals in 10 innings last night and are now 3-6 in extra-inning games this season. The only National League club with a worse win percentage in extra-inning contests in 2013 is, ironically, St. Louis (1-4 record).
* Chicago beat Pittsburgh, 4-1, on Sunday, salvaging a win in its 3-game series with the Bucs over the weekend. The Cubs have now dropped two straight and three of their last four series at Wrigley Field.
* Cincinnati has won seven of nine meetings with Chicago this season, including all three games at Wrigley Field. In fact, the Reds have won nine straight road games vs. the Cubs overall – the longest active road winning streak by one team at any opponent.
* Homer Bailey went 7.0 innings and allowed three runs (all earned) in his last outing, taking a no-decision last Tuesday vs. the Rockies. Bailey is 5-0 with a 3.68 ERA in his last seven starts vs. the Cubs overall and 3-0 with a 2.70 ERA in last three starts at Wrigley Field.
* Scott Feldman faced the Angels in his last outing, going 6.0 innings and allowing two runs (both earned) last Tuesday, garnering a no-decision for his efforts. Feldman is 5-1 with a 2.39 ERA in his last eight starts, his only setback coming vs. the Reds on May 24 (5.1 IP, 5 ER).
* Joey Votto reached base safely three times on Sunday (hit, two walks), and now has a .445 on-base percentage in 2013 – best in the NL and second best in MLB. Votto is batting .565 (13-for-23) during his current 7-game hit streak at Wrigley Field.