White Sox Game Notes For Thursday vs. Oakland
* The A’s swept a three-game series in Oakland from the White Sox May 31-June 2, holding Chicago to a total of just three runs. However, the White Sox have won four of their last five home games against the A’s.
* Oakland is off to a fast start to the month, going 4-1 with a 1.93 ERA. That ERA is on pace for the lowest in the month of June by the A’s since at least 1921.
* Tied 0-0 through 13 innings, the White Sox and Mariners combined for 12 runs of the final three frames of Chicago’s 16-inning victory on Wednesday. Those 12 combined runs in extra innings are tied for the most in any game between AL teams since 1918.
* Josh Donaldson has had two or more hits in eight of his last 12 games, including three straight. Those eight multi-hit games are tied with Matt Carpenter for the most in the majors since May 25.
* Dan Straily is 2-0 with a 0.95 (2/19.0) ERA and .176 (12/68) opponent average in his last three starts. Since May 21, that ERA is tied for fourth best and the opponent average is seventh best in the majors among pitchers with a minimum of three starts.
* Alex Rios had four hits in Wednesday’s extra-inning win over the Mariners. It was his 18th career game with four or more hits, but his first since he had four against the M’s on May 7, 2011.