Chicago firefighters will help tornado victims in Oklahoma
Ignite the Spirit is an organization that assists the Chicago Fire Department and families who have been victims of disasters.
Volunteers are teaming up with other organization and head to Moore, Oklahoma on June 10 with two truckloads of supplies.
Ignite the Spirit is looking for donations, including non-perishable food, water, buckets, batteries, flashlights, shovels, detergent and baby supplies.
There are four locations to drop-off donations by June 9, including the Jefferson Park Field House on the North Side and Bourbon Street on the South Side.
The locations are:
- The Gale Street Inn- 4914 N. Milwaukee
- Jefferson Park Field House- 4922 N. Long
- Bourbon Street-3359 W. 115th Street
- Ted & Kelly Kramer’s House- 10314 S. Springfield
- Non perishable food
- Personal Hygiene supplies
- Air Mattress
- Home Building supply gift cards
- 5 gallon buckets
- Trash bags
- Duct tape
- First aid kits
- First aid supplies
- Storage totes
- Work gloves
- Baby Formula
- Baby wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Large Ziploc bags