White Sox Games Notes For Monday at Seattle
* The White Sox dropped a 2-0 decision in Oakland yesterday and have now lost six straight games overall (including three via shutout) by a combined score of 33-9. Chicago has been blanked six times total in 2013 – tied with the Angels for most of any AL club.
* Seattle was shut out, 10-0, in Minnesota on Sunday and is now just 4-12 in its last 16 games overall – the second-worst record of any MLB team since May 17 (Royals – 3-14). The Mariners have been blanked by 10+ runs twice in 2013 (lost 12-0 to Angels on May 21).
* Chicago took two of three from Seattle in the clubs’ first series of 2013 at U.S. Cellular Field. Including an eight-game winning streak at Safeco Field, the White Sox are a combined 26-5 vs. the Mariners since the beginning of the 2010 campaign.
* John Danks is making his third start of the season tonight, after lasting just four innings and allowing four runs (three earned) in his last outing against the Cubs on May 29. Danks is 7-0 with a 1.31 ERA in his last eight starts vs. the Mariners.
* Joe Saunders got a no-decision vs. the Padres in his last outing (May 29), despite going seven innings and allowing just one run. Saunders (4-4, 4.24 ERA in nine career starts vs. the White Sox) is 3-1 with a 2.41 ERA in five home starts this season.
* Paul Konerko sat out yesterday’s contest with a stiff neck, but is hoping to be back in the lineup tonight. Konerko has 31 career home runs vs. the Mariners – second most of any current player (Alex Rodriguez – 33).