Sox Game Notes For Friday @ Oakland
* After winning just four of their first 14 games this month, Oakland has won 11 of its last 13 games played, and five straight games at home, their longest home winning streak of the season.
* The White Sox lost three straight to the Cubs earlier this week, getting outscored 24-6 and outhit 31-19. It was the first time the White Sox have lost three in a row to the Cubs since June 20-22, 2008.
* Bartolo Colon will look to build on the success of his last start where he threw seven scoreless innings and allowed no walks for the seventh time in 10 starts this season. In 22 career starts against the White Sox, Colon has only had three starts where he did not issue a walk.
* Dylan Axelrod has won three straight starts for the first time in his career, thanks in large part to 15 runs of support from his offense to cover the eight runs he allowed in 16.2 innings over those starts.
* Yoenis Cespedes is riding a career-best 12-game hit streak, during which time he has had four game-winning RBIs. Cespedes was 6-for-23 (.261) with one home run against the White Sox last season.
* Alex Rios is 9-for-22 (.409) in his career against Colon, the third-highest batting average against Colon among active players (minimum 20 plate appearances). Rios is also 16-for-42 (.381) in his last 10 games against the A’s.