Cubs Game Notes For Friday vs. Arizona
* Arizona lost at Texas, 9-5, on Thursday, which snapped a three-game win streak; the Diamondbacks have lost four of their last five road games.
* The Cubs beat the White Sox on Thursday, 8-3, for their fourth straight victory, which is their longest win streak of the season; they last won five consecutive games in July-August of 2011, when they strung together seven straight wins.
* Chicago has taken 12 of the last 16 home games in this series, and has outscored Arizona, 29-15, in the last six of those meetings.
* Cubs pitchers have hit four homers; the last club whose pitchers to have that many before the start of June was the 1962 Indians (5).
* Alfonso Soriano leads all active players with a lifetime .757 slugging percentage versus the Diamondbacks (minimum 150 PA); in 40 games against them, he has 17 homers and 38 RBI.
* Paul Goldschmidt is tied with Jay Bruce for most RBI in the National League this month (23), and it is the most in the month of May for the Diamondbacks since Steve Finley knocked in 31 in 2000.