* The White Sox lead this crosstown series 49-41, and have won eight of the last 11 meetings.
* The Cubs are one of just two teams in the majors this season (Brewers) yet to throw a shutout.
* In 2013, 44.6 (79/177) percent of the total runs scored by the White Sox have come via the home run. That ranks third in the majors.
* Opponents are hitting .467 (14/30) on a 0-0 count against Jeff Samardzija, compared to .174 (36/207) on all other counts.
* Alex Rios has had at least one hit in 19 of his last 20 games, batting .350 (28/80) with four home runs, 14 runs and 15 RBI in this 20-game span.
* Opponents are hitting .163 (22/135) against Jose Quintana with none on, but .387 (24/62) when there are men on base, including .364 (12/33) with runners in scoring position.