VIDEO: CPS guard pushes Dunbar student down stairs

Chicago Public Schools suspended a Dunbar Vocational Career Academy security guard after video posted online showed the man pushing a female student down a flight of stairs.

The online video caught by another student’s cell phone camera appears to show the guard grabbing and tossing the 16-year-old student and then standing over the fallen girl at the base of the stairs.

The girl then lunges at the guard before being pushed back to the floor as other students watched.

The girl’s family said it will take every legal action it can against the guard.

23 Comments to “VIDEO: CPS guard pushes Dunbar student down stairs”

PEACE said:
    May 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't care what the video shows but there are alot of students that are pretty hostile and teachers are afraid of some of those students.

Andrea said:
    May 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

she was not pushed DOWn the stairs!!! what kinda sensational crap are you slinging?! watch the video you, guys.

joe said:
    May 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I'm sure a straight A student. The Chicago Public Schools- Chaos, Confusion, Anarchy and Disordered. The foxes rule the hen house.

angry said:
    May 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM

get the he** outta here! I saw the video and he didn't push her. I am so sick of these bad behaving children talking to teachers and authority like they are the same age. This will teach her since she thought she was brave to physically fight a security guard. Sorry I feel not an ounce of sympathy for this little girl who probably "thinks" she is grown. I hope the city awards her and her family nothing.

Gatsby said:
      May 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

jus shut the hell up almost every damn teen of AMERICA thinks that they are grown and i'm pretty sure that is including you

does not mean a damn thing he should have thought more about how to handle a student

Esco said:
    May 24, 2013 at 12:44 PM

It's so easy to "be the victim" these days, just cry and cry until someone believes you..

Holby said:
    May 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

And the guard is right…she has no right to put her hands on him. The fact that they have "guards" is a pretty good indicator that students in the building may not be the most rule-following, respectful group of citizens.

joe said:
    May 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Can't fix the problem in schools,until you fix the problems. To many problems, not enough money in the world to fix these problems. Remember, 50 years of Democratic problem solving in the City of Chicago.

Spidermantep said:
      May 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

WELL… making things unfair does not help anything you see old sport its really simple just stay to yourself and live your life and stop trying to contrl others and everyone will be okay

attitude killer said:
    May 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

gee whys this remind me of my felony out come??????????? somebody looking for$$$$$$$$$$

Jerry said:
    May 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You see Ron, its in human nature to turn into a beast when people are pissed off For instance like how the cubs fans get after they lose yet another game

Larry said:
    May 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Or like how those nice humans who live in the suburbs with green grass and white picket fences that decide to go a sh oot up an movie theater and elementary school (demons)

TASHI said:
    May 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

HE HAS NO RITE PUTING HIS HANDS ON HER. HE PUSHED HER, THEN SHE GOT UP AND SHOULD OF WHOOPED HIS “ASS”. YEA KIDS ARE OUT OF HANDS NOW AND DAYS. BUT NO PUNK SHOULD PUT HIS HAS ON A CHILD, I HOPE THE GIRLS DAD BEATS HIS ASS. AND HE SHOULDNT BE PUT IN JAIL AND FIRED.

keke said:
      May 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Right on Tashi I agree, The video clearly shows that this jerk pushed her down a flight a stairs, and if she was my daughter I will be in jail with case right now, because what he did was a punk mood and dude was real bogus for putting his hands on a young female student he could have killed her pushing her like that. He need to be charged and terminated from that school. Wait till he get in jail though what goes around comes around. LOL

KidsNowadays said:
    May 25, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Students nowadays are disrespectful, unruly, almost every child has major anger issues, and have no idea how to get away from the drama they create. They think they can get away with everything under the sun, and I'm sure, I'm SURE this young lady, who probably doesn't even act like a lady, said something or did something to bring that guard to his wits end. Reporters said her attorney is going to look into the guards track-record. What about the student's? I think we can assume she has multiple behavioral write-ups and suspensions under her track-record. Also, how can the attorney state that there was no physical or verbal fight before the video was taken? If it's not in the video, how can this be believable? Also, don't tell me this girl hasn't gotten, as they like to say, a 'whoopin' many a times before from her mother, who is sounding educated through the use of her attorneys words. And that whoopin didn't bring about media attention.

Demetrius said:
    May 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM

She deserved it. I have an injury right now from a student attacking me. He should have done more.

Kelly said:
    May 25, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Do we know the context behind the situation? Was she attacking him first? Obviously something happened before this that made the one student start taking video.

Tim said:
    May 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

they approved the comment above hmmm I wonder why