Blackhawks Game 4 Notes For Thursday at Detroit
* Including a 3-1 victory on Monday, the Red Wings have won two straight vs. the Blackhawks by a combined score of 7-2, taking a 2-1 lead in this best-of-7 matchup. The last time Detroit beat Chicago three consecutive times in a single postseason series was June 1-6, 1995.
* The Blackhawks have dropped two straight games for just the fourth time this season. Chicago has yet to suffer a 3-game losing streak in 2012-13.
* Patrick Kane netted Chicago’s lone marker on Monday, giving him a goal in back-to-back contests and one point in each of the first three games of this matchup. Kane had just one point (a goal) in four regular-season skates against the Wings this year.
* Pavel Datsyuk lit the lamp in Game 3 and now has eight points (3g, 5a) during the 2013 playoffs – tied for second on the team. The Red Wings are 3-0 in this year’s postseason when Datsyuk scores a goal.
* Detroit went 0-for-5 with the man-advantage in Game 3 and is now goalless in 12 power-play opportunities during this series. The Blackhawks have killed off all 29 of their shorthanded situations during the 2013 postseason.
* Chicago (25.4) and Detroit (25.8) have averaged fewer hits per game than any other 2013 playoff participants. During the regular season, the Blackhawks (17.5) and Wings (18.0) were 30th and 29th respectively in hits per game.