Sweets and Snacks Expo 2013: Taste testing the latest in candy
It’s one of my favorite days of the year. On tonight’s WGN News at Five, we’re heading to the Sweets and Snacks Expo at McCormick Place, where 15,000 store owners and distributors will be sampling the latest offerings from 600 different candy and snack vendors. There are more than 3,000 new items introduced in the candy and snack category every year – and shows like this are a place for store owners to decide what they want to stock in the coming year.
Unfortunately the show isn’t open to the public, but my video feature will be posted here after it airs. Here is the link to learn more about the candy and snacks we talked about today.
- Starburst Minis – Coming Soon!
- Jelly Belly Tobasco flavored jelly beans – Available now
- Hammond’s Candies, Red Velvet, Smores, Pigs and Taters Chocolate Bars – Available now
- Fizzies candy beverage tablets – Available now
- Van Holten’s Big Papa Pickle Popcorn – Coming this June
- Lemonheads – Celebrating 50 years
- Perky Jerky Ultra Premium Beef Jerky – Available now