Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday @ Pittsburgh
* The Cubs have won two of the three meetings between these teams this season and seven of their last nine road games against Pittsburgh.
* The Pirates have won eight of their last 10 games overall. Pittsburgh’s 26-18 start to the season is the franchise’s best since 1991 when it went 29-15 through the first 44 games.
* The Cubs have won two straight and five of their last seven road games after winning just three of their first 12 away from home to open the season.
* Matt Garza, who will be making his season debut for the Cubs on Tuesday, is 1-1 with a 3.79 ERA in three career starts against the Pirates.
* Wandy Rodriguez has posted a quality start in each of his last three outings and is 3-1 with a 1.35 ERA in four home starts this season. Rodriguez has won three of his last four starts against Chicago.
* Andrew McCutchen is 7-for-14 with three doubles, one homer and five runs in his last three games. McCutchen has two doubles, three homers and six RBI in his last eight games against the Cubs.