* The Rockies went 4-2 against the Cubs in 2012, winning the season series for the fourth consecutive year. Chicago now holds an 81-79 edge in the all-time series.
* After totaling just 11 hits and three runs while losing their previous four games, the Rockies erupted for 11 hits and eight runs while beating St. Louis on Sunday, 8-2.
* With Sunday’s 2-1 victory at Washington, the Cubs are 15-3 this season when allowing three runs or fewer, but 0-19 otherwise. They are the only team in baseball without a victory when allowing more than three runs.
* Carlos Gonzalez went 2-for-3 on Sunday, improving to .404 versus left-handed pitching. He’s also batting .360 in the first six innings of games, compared to .174 thereafter.
* Juan Nicasio has not worked more than six innings in any of seven starts, compiling a 4.72 ERA along the way. But he’s 3-0 as he’s been supported by an average of 8.13 runs per nine innings, the highest rate for any National Leaguer (minimum 5 GS).
* Travis Wood has not allowed more than three runs in any of seven starts this season. His .290 slugging percentage allowed is the second-lowest mark versus any left-hander in MLB (Clayton Kershaw, .276).