* The Angels avoided a sweep in Houston by winning last night, 6-5, but they are just 3-9 since April 27; over that stretch, the Angels are hitting .225 overall, and .184 (16/87) with runners in scoring position.
* The White Sox beat the Mets on Wednesday, 6-3, to salvage a split of their two-game series; the ChiSox have a 2.08 ERA in May, best in the majors.
* The Angels have outscored their opponents, 28-16, in the first inning of their games this year; that +12 differential is tied for fourth best in the majors.
* Chicago’s leadoff batters each inning have a .256 on-base percentage, which is the worst mark in baseball this season.
* The White Sox’ center fielders — Alejandro de Aza, DeWayne Wise and Jordan Danks — are hitting a combined .302 (16/53) in May, with an .848 OPS; the rest of the club is hitting .192 (37/193) with a.523 OPS this month.
* Josh Hamilton has a .346 (37/107) lifetime average versus the White Sox, second best among active players (Marco Scutaro – .385; minimum 100 PA).