* Monday’s game will make up for the one that was rained out on April 17. A victory by the Cubs on Monday will even their all-time record versus Texas at six wins apiece overall, and at 3-3 in Chicago.
* After sweeping three games from the Red Sox this weekend, the Rangers are tied with Boston and St. Louis for the best record in baseball (20-11). Texas has not committed an error in any of its past seven games.
* While the Cubs have collected the second-fewest singles in the National League (149), they’ve produced the second-most extra-base hits (103). They’ve managed at least one extra-base hit in each of their past 29 games, the longest active streak in MLB.
* Mitch Moreland began the Rangers’ comeback on Sunday with a third-inning home run. He’s batting .417 since April 22, raising his season average over 100 points (.164 to .282) in the process.
* Nick Tepesch allowed a career-high five runs in his most recent start last Wednesday. For the season overall, he’s compiled a 2.08 ERA through the first five innings of games, compared to 8.53 thereafter.
* Scott Feldman on Monday is scheduled to make his first career start against the team for which he previously totaled 204 appearances. In his most recent start last Wednesday, Feldman fashioned the first complete game of his big-league career.