Cubs Game Notes For Monday vs. San Diego
* San Diego beat San Francisco, 6-4, on Sunday, and including a three-game sweep of the Giants over the weekend, has now won a season-high four straight games overall. The Padres are 6-0 when scoring 6+ runs in 2013 (3-15 when scoring five runs or less).
* Chicago dropped a 6-4 decision to Miami yesterday, snapping its three-game winning streak in the process. The Cubs are 3-5 in their first eight games at Wrigley Field this season.
* These clubs split six games last season, each winning three times on its home field. Dating to the beginning of 2011, the Cubs are 5-1 vs. the Padres at Wrigley Field.
* Clayton Richard allowed six runs (all earned), lasting just 1.2 innings in his last outing, and is now 0-2 with a 7.94 ERA overall in 2013. Richard has faced the Cubs twice in his career and is 2-0 with a 0.57 ERA in those starts.
* Jeff Samardzija dropped his last start to Cincinnati, despite allowing just one run in 6.0 IP. Samardzija has lost four straight outings since winning his first 2013 appearance at Pittsburgh.
* Chase Headley went 3-for-3 with a home run and two doubles yesterday and finished up the weekend series vs. the Giants with five hits in 11 at-bats (three doubles, one homer). Headley is batting .406 (13-for-32) in his last nine games against the Cubs.