* The Cubs have won back-to-back games against the Marlins by multiple runs, after losing each of their previous six meetings (with each loss coming by multiple runs).
* The Marlins are coming off an 8-5 victory against the Twins in which they punched out 16 hits – 12 singles and four doubles. On the season, Miami is 3-0 when scoring at least seven runs, but 2-16 when scoring fewer than seven runs.
* So far this season, Cubs pitchers are allowing their opponents to hit an MLB-low .201 in their home stadiums.
* While Alfonso Soriano is hitting .333 (16/48) this season with nobody on base, he is hitting just .125 (2/16) with runners in scoring position.
* Steve Cishek is one of just five pitchers with at least six wins and 15 saves since the beginning of last season.
* Kevin Slowey has not picked up a single victory (0-10) over his last 13 starts – the third-longest active streak in the majors. Scott Feldman, meanwhile, has not won a single game (0-8) over his last 11 starts.