Distribution of clean-up kits from the American Red Cross of Greater Chicago is scheduled for Wednesday, April 24 in eight counties across the region to aid 5,000 households that have sustained damage from the recent flooding.
The kits are provided by the Red Cross at no charge and include supplies for both indoor and outdoor cleaning such as rakes, shovels, tarps, bleach, brooms, sponges, trash bags as well as personal safety items like rubber gloves. Kits are available free of charge by the Red Cross. Supplies are limited to first arrival at the distribution sites.
Distribution sites will be open Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the following 13 sites:
- Gompers Park, 5040 N. Pulaski, Chicago, IL 60630
- Oak Park Police Department, 100 N. Euclid Ave., Oak Park, IL 60301
- Lisle Police Department, Lincoln Ave./Short Rd., Lisle, IL 60532
- Bensenville Public Works, 100 N. Church St., Bensenville, IL 60106
- Morris Administration Building, 1320 Union St., Morris, IL 60450
- DeKalb Emergency Management, 1826 Barber Green Road, DeKalb, IL 60115
- Village of Fox Lake, 216 Washington, Fox Lake, IL 60073
- Gurnee Fire Department, 4580 Old Grand Ave., Gurnee, IL 60031
- Grant Township, 26535 W. Molidor, Ingleside, IL 60041
- Joliet Fire Department, 101 E. Clinton St., Joliet, IL 60432
- Kane County EMA (under the radio tower), 777 E. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia, IL 60510
- Kendall County Sheriff’s Office, 1102 Cornell Lane, Yorkville, IL 60560
The Home Repair Guide is also available at no charge on the Red Cross web site at: www.redcross.org