Blackhawks Game Notes For Wednesday @ Edmonton
* Chicago dropped a 3-1 decision to Vancouver on Monday and has now lost two straight games overall. The Blackhawks, who haven’t lost three straight tilts all season long, need one more victory to clinch the Presidents’ Trophy for the second time (won in 1990-91).
* Edmonton lost, 3-0, to Anaheim on Monday – its second straight setback and eighth loss in the last nine games overall. The Oilers have been shut out five times in their last 23 contests (zero shutouts in first 22 games of season).
* These clubs have split two meetings (both in Chicago) this season, each beating the other by a single goal. The Oilers have defeated the Blackhawks two straight times at Rexall Place by a combined score of 17-6.
* Dan Carcillo netted Chicago’s lone marker Monday, doing so without any “help” from his teammates. The Blackhawks have now scored 12 unassisted goals in 2012-13 – tied with Florida for second most of any NHL club (Vancouver-13).
* Sam Gagner tallied eight points (4g, 4a) the last time these two clubs met in Edmonton on February 2, 2012 – tied with several others for the second-highest point output in a single game in NHL history (Darryl Sittler, Tor had 10 points vs. Boston on February 7, 1976). Gagner has 12 points (6g, 6a) during his current 4-game scoring streak vs. Chicago.
* Chicago is 34-6-5 (.811) this season – the best record of any team since Montreal went 60-8-12 (.825) in 1976-77.