More rain is in the forecast Tuesday into Wednesday for Chicago and most surrounding suburbs.
According to the National Weather Service, a flood warning remains in effect Tuesday.
The warning is for the following rivers in Illinois:
Des Plaines River near Russell affecting Lake County
- Des Plaines River near Gurnee affecting Lake County
- Des Plaines River at Lincolnshire affecting Lake County
- Des Plaines River near Des Plaines affecting Cook County
- Des Plaines River at riverside affecting cook county
- Fox River at Algonquin tail water affecting Kane and McHenry counties
- Fox River at Montgomery affecting Kane and Kendall counties
- Fox River at Dayton affecting La Salle County
The NWS has also issued a hazardous weather outlook in North Central Illinois, Northeast Illinois and Northwest Indiana. There is a chance of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening.