It’s going to be a tough commute for people in the Northwest suburbs this morning.
Flood waters are still causing trouble along several roadways.
River Road in Des Plaines is still covered in water.
The water is starting to recede, but several roads won’t be open for today’s commute.
That includes a number of arterial streets and roads that lead into River Road.
The main roads that are still closed due to flooding are:
- Oakton between and River Rd and Lee St
- Golf Rd between River Rd and East River Rd
- River Road between Golf and Perry
- River Road between miner and Touhy
- Central between River Rd and East River Rd
- Algonquin Rd Between River Rd and Lee
- Rand Rd between Golf and Dempster.
Suggested routes: North and South –Mt. Prospect Rd, Elmhurst Rd and Wolf Rd.
Suggested routes: East and West – Dempster to Miner to Northwest Hwy, Touhy Av and Lee Street/Devon ave.
For the latest traffic updates, go to: wgntv.com/traffic
or follow @ChicagoDrives on Twitter