* The Reds are 15-4 against the Cubs since September 13, 2011, including 5-0 in one-run games. Chicago won six of the previous eight meetings between the clubs (all in the 2011 season).
* The Reds rank third in MLB in runs per game at home, with an average of 6.08 runs per contest (79 runs in 13 games at home). They are tied for second in MLB in home runs at home with 16.
* Anthony Rizzo’s six home runs rank third among left-handed hitters in MLB. Among the 21 players with at least five homers this season, Rizzo has the lowest batting average, .210.
* After belting 16 home runs against the Cubs between 2008 and 2010, Joey Votto failed to connect for a longball against the North Siders in 2011 or 2012, in 91 total at-bats.
* Travis Wood ranks ninth in the NL and 16th in MLB in ERA, with a 1.83 figure (rankings based on official qualifiers). The last time Wood pitched in the majors in the month of April was 2011 with the Reds; in that month, he compiled a 6.82 ERA, fifth highest in MLB (minimum 25 innings).
* Aroldis Chapman and Sam LeCure have a combined 1.04 ERA, allowing two earned runs in 16 appearances between them. All other Cincinnati relievers have a combined 5.92 ERA.