Body pulled from lagoon identified as missing teen

Chicago police are investigating the stabbing death of a Southwest Side teenager who disappeared more than a month ago.

14-year-old Julius Campbell was last seen on March 7th near Gage Park High School, where he was a freshman.

On April 12th, a body was pulled from the Marquette Park lagoon.

The victim had multiple stab wounds and his death was ruled a homicide.

That victim has now been identified as Julius Campbell.

His mother says Julius’ friend told her her son was being bullied by gang members at school.

A family friend told her he saw Julius several days after he was reported missing walking with two men near 61st and California.

Police are continuing their investigation

15 Comments to “Body pulled from lagoon identified as missing teen”

Staying_Away said:
    April 21, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Apparently Chicago is some kind of death cult. If your kid is educated and independent you might want to move out of there before the death cult gets them..

dont make no sense said:
    April 21, 2013 at 8:08 PM

this crazy I use to go to school with him

Wisconsinite said:
    April 21, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Inching closer to that 500 mark. Wait till the temps rise then you'lll really see the #'s rise

Gina said:
    April 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM

You are a horrible person, John.

Trish said:
    April 22, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I pray for this poor boy and his mother. I cannot imagine her pain.
    Eye for an eye…..they will get thiers, it will not bring back your poor son, but justice will be done……one way or another.

Ruth said:
    April 22, 2013 at 5:43 AM

So sad to hear this, I went to Gage Park and also use to hang out at that park. Glad I left Chicago years ago.

maddmen24 said:
    April 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM

chicago.not what it use to be.i got out.a long time ago.if u think a crime wont happen to u.you betta think again.GET OUTTA CHICAGO NOW.

Vee said:
    April 22, 2013 at 8:49 AM

The Devil is busy and City of Chicago is too blind too see that. Mothers killing their kids ,Kids killing kids.

keeping real said:
    April 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Chicago is Da best city in the world and im shame to say I also move out because of my lil rugrats!!! i went to the worst high school in chi-town "Farragut" but still went to navy and SIU, i dealt with those cowards gang banger!!! and last shut the hell up vee you are dumb!!!!

KES said:
    April 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM

To Julius' mother, I have no words of wisdom to share with you – only to extend my deepest sympathy to you. Julius sounds like a wonderful son. To all others in similar situations of raising children in these difficult times and places, talk and listen to your children often, get to know their friends & don't by shy to speak up to school & community administrators when things are not right. God bless you – mom of Julius and his family.

sharong4 said:
    April 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I am so sorry to hear about that young man. There are a lot of decent people that come out of Chicago. Not all are worthless gangbangers. I don't plan on going anywhere. I have lived here for 60 years and never had any problems. I was close to Farragut, but I chose to go to Westinghouse because of the violence at Farragut, but you didn't hear of all of these killings up there either. It is all due to the fact of babies having babies. We are living in Reveltions. This is so sad for a young man's life to be taken and no one knows why. May God Bless the family.

Mike Payne said:
    April 22, 2013 at 3:02 PM

BULLIED — OK : He SHOULD have brought a Pressure Cooker to School just like in Boston.

Reggieb said:
      April 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM

You are very insensitive to the families of Boston and not very bright to say that.

Mike Payne said:
        April 22, 2013 at 11:30 PM

YOU are right Reggieb, and I apologize to those Families.

He SHOULD have brought a Flame Thrower instead (That shouldn't offend anybody).

blessed said:
    April 22, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I was sad to hear the news about Julius I know the family and I am praying for his mother and family
    we need to stop saying Chicago is the problem the problem started when they took pray out of schools and kids started having kids they don't know God and no one is teaching them about God the kid today don't fear God and nothing eles they have no love for anyone.