* These clubs each scored 10 runs while splitting a pair of games last week. The Brewers have gone 21-7 versus the Cubs since July 2011, and Milwaukee holds a one-game edge in the all-time series, 119-118.
* The Cubs defeated Texas on Thursday, 6-2, to earn a split in their two-game series. Chicago is 3-2 in the final game of series this season, compared to 2-7 otherwise.
* After sweeping three games from San Francisco, the Brewers have won four in a row and are now just two games below .500 (6-8).
* Through three starts, Jeff Samardzija is allowing a .130 (6-for-46) batting average when working with fewer than two outs in the inning, compared to .280 (7-for-25) with two outs. Right-handed batters are slugging .158 off him.
* Carlos Gomez has gone 10-for-15 over his last four games, raising his season average from .162 to .308 in the process. He’s scored at least one run in all four games.
* Marco Estrada has struck out 21 while walking only two through his first three starts this season. His ratio of 5.29 strikeouts per walk since the beginning of 2012 is the second best in MLB (Cliff Lee, 7.76, minimum 150 IP).