* The Bulls won the 2012-13 season series 3-1, although three of the four contests were decided by four points or less. The two teams have met just once in the postseason, the Bulls sweeping the1998 first-round series 3-0.
* Chicago played 18 games decided by three points or less this season. That was tied with Denver for the most in the NBA.
* Brooklyn is making its return to the playoffs after missing the postseason in each of the last five seasons. The Nets have won each of the last two first-round series, beating Toronto in six games in 2006-07 and Indiana in six games in 2005-06.
* With Derrick Rose unlikely to play in this series, point guard duties will fall to Kirk Hinrich and Nate Robinson. Hinrich finished the regular season strong, averaging 15.3 points (on 56.3% shooting, 69.2% from behind the arc) and 4.0 assists over the last three games. Robinson, meanwhile, is averaging 16.5 ppg and 3.9 apg while shooting 42.1 percent from behind the arc in April.
* After recording a total of 48 double-doubles in his first two seasons with Chicago, Carlos Boozer had 44 in 2012-13. One of those 44 came against the Nets, Boozer pouring in 29 points and pulling down 18 rebounds in the April 4 meeting.
* Deron Williams (21.1/9.6) is one of just two players all-time (Chris Paul) to average at least 20 points and nine assists per game in his postseason career. He has never faced the Bulls in the postseason, but averaged 19.8 points and 6.8 assists against them this season.