Cops: Recovery mission to continue today for Maywood boy

The search for a missing one-year-old boy from Maywood will resume today.

An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday for Bryeon Hunter.

His mother told police they were on their way back from the park, when three men beat her up and took the boy.

The men she identified as the suspects were questioned and cleared by the police.

Now, officers are interviewing the child’s mother and her boyfriend.

Police say the boy is presumed dead.

They are now calling the search a recovery mission.

37 Comments to “Cops: Recovery mission to continue today for Maywood boy”

keeping real said:
    April 18, 2013 at 9:37 AM

god bless that lil kid!!! and the mother better confess cause that story makes no sense what so ever!!!

Nene said:
      April 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Agreed.

smd said:
    April 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

You are a very ignorant person!! You are given an opportunity to comment on the subject at hand yet you choose to speak on race. She will have her day of judgement and so will you you rascist pig!!

rtrt said:
      April 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM

shut up you idiot!!

Justsaying said:
      April 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Color has not one thing to do with this all races are doing the same. I guess you should say that all are broken right ??? Maybe you should be able look past the fact that maybe you are not liking of some. Get a clue!

Joymar said:
      April 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Who said anything about race except smd~

keke said:
    April 18, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Now i thought she had said that they were abducted as they were leaving out of mcdonalds. Hmmm something not adding up now.

Gee said:
      April 18, 2013 at 1:09 PM

not only that how do you get kidnapped they let you go but they still have your baby and you don't get outta the car screaming and hollering for help instead you stumble 5 to 6 blocks away before you call police

kirby1414 said:
    April 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

This story just get sadder and more disturbing. If the "parents" killed this baby they deserve nothing less than death themselves – - an eye for an eye – I believe that. This was no accident – it was premeditated – they planned it – made up a story – had people searching for the baby – fake crying on TV.There are so many of these – - Casey Anthony being one of the most famous – media wise. There are no answers – except that these less than humans should be serverly and justly punished. If she didn't want the baby -drop him off at her Mother's – a friend – a church – SOMEWHERE – but, don't KILL him. As a parent, the #1 job you have, is taking care of and protecting your child (children) .
    This is so very, very sad….

Jan said:
      April 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Excuse me, but well educated middle and rich class individuals do the same crime. What does receiving government checks have to do with this story? And you are assuming that this family is on government assistance. And even if they were so what!!!!!

mymy5441 said:
      April 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

kirby1414 I agree with you I think the boyfriend killed this baby and the mother is covering I think he is the one that beat her up to. As it rain and thundered last night I remember them saying someone told them that the mother threw the baby in the river I thought to myself OMG he's out there dead all by him self all alone and it just made me cry. I hope they find the child alive but if not please punish the people responsible.

kirby1414 said:
        April 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks – I also think that this started earlier than the 'mother' is saying – - Take a look at her black eye – - I was in a car accident a few years ago – hit my head, etc. My eye didn't turn dark and black (like hers) for about 24 hrs. plus…
        It's amazing to me what a woman will do to have a man in her life – this case, the one a few days ago where the 'man' smothered the 6 mo old for crying -he wanted sex – the one a few years ago where the 'mother' drowned 3-4 kids because the boyfriend didn't like kids – it goes on and on.
        Animals take better care of their babies than some parents…

LuLu said:
        April 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Kirby, I agree and was thinking the same. Her eyes were not going to turn that dark within a few hours. That was some overnight stuff going on. I have seen people hit or had accidents with eye injuries and the eyes do not turn that dark until the next day or two.
        I believe her boyfried beat her – beat and killed the baby. He most likely told her if she talked he was going to kill her. From what was described of her injuries, she was beaten badly.
        I hope they rot in hell!

mymy5441 said:
        April 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

they do it is so sad every time i look at this little baby i just want to cry his eyes are screaming WHY MOMMIE!

gail hollins said:
        April 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I totally agree

MrCrabs said:
    April 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Who can do such a cruel and evil thing to an innocent child? There is no punishment of the face of this earth that could fit this crime.

Nene said:
      April 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

We are living in Revelations. Luke 21:9 referring to events preceding the Coming of Messiah, "Nation will fight against nation and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes and plagues and famines here and there; there will be fearful sights and great signs from Heaven." People hearts will grow cold and callous. People will become unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self … brutal good gossips haters irreconcilable love lovers malicious not of self-control slanderous. I pray for all mankind.

anon said:
    April 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Her or her boyfriend did something. He looks abused, you can see it in his little eyes in the picture. God bless his little heart.

anon said:
    April 18, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Wow get a grip. Its a figure of speech. What’s wrong with you? Did you get bit by a dig this morning? Take It easy OK? It will be alright. Lol

Sharon said:
    April 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

my heart goes out to the people who loved this child, cause it is obivous that the mother didn't. there is no excuse for any kind of abuse toward anyone, I don't think that the child is alive and even if they mom have some kind of mental illness someone knew. Shame on all of them who saw that it was a problem and did nothing about it, cause I sure there were signs.

mymy5441 said:
    April 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Law n order I beg you and all others not to respond to such ignorance that's how they win….that person has no morals or sympathy for this baby so let's just pray for the ignorant and let them be with their demons…this is a place where we can air our feelings about this case not our religious beliefs. but you are right ….

mymy5441 said:
    April 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM

AMEN!

judith said:
    April 18, 2013 at 1:19 PM

this little boy looks amazingly
    like my grandson. i cried so much yesterday just thinking of his sad looking eyes.why, and how could anyone do anything to harm a little one year old child??

LASHINKII said:
    April 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM

MAY GOD BLESS HIS LITTLE SOUL! AS FOR THE MOTHER AND BOYFRIEND WE REALY NEED THE EYE FOR EYE SYSTEM FOR CASES LIKE THIS

truegrit said:
    April 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM

WGN — please update this story. You are using the same info from 2 and 3 days ago. True reporters would be at the police station or have contacts. We need new info on this child.

mymy5441 said:
      April 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM

truegrit you are so right and i am tired of waiting on them to update

granny of 6 said:
    April 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

THAT FEMALE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND THE WHEREBOUTS OF HER SON!!! SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE ON CRACK AND WAS CRACKED OUT OF HER MIND AND DID SOMETHING TO THAT BABY!!!! THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT SOON AND THE B IS GOING TO JAIL WHERE SHE BELONGS!!!

jennifer said:
    April 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM

and to think there are child welfar agents in every town city and country whom could have placed this child in a safe home.

key said:
    April 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

I would've GLADLY taken this boy into my care since the parents didnt want him. I hate to see stories like this. This is sooo sad. NO CHILD deserves this.!! *crying

LmB said:
    April 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Please give updated info on this story! Yes, it has been a difficult day, but this is still important! Where are we in searching for this child?? LmB

CHASTITY said:
    April 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM

SO SAD BECAUSE SHE IS MY BESTIE AND THATS MY GOD BABY TEAR JUST DONT UNDERSTAND…!

coco said:
      April 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

DO U BELIEVE THAT STORY THEN SINCE UKNO HER SO WELL….

Renae said:
      April 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I know that was your girl but were there any signs that she would do this too her own child? And also was she on DRUGS?

Nene said:
    April 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I think the police thinks the mom and boyfriend did something to this baby and trying to cover their tracks. God help us we are living in revelations. I pray the baby is unharmed and is found safe.

Renae said:
    April 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM

You are so very true,if the grandmother didn't know her own child and she should've seen all the signs of that baby being mistreated. But I hope and pray that the WITCH gets everything she have coming to her, WHERE'S THE BABY FATHER???

Renae said:
    April 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM

You she had everyone thinking that she really got beat down and how is someone in a 2 door sports car going to snatch you and your baby? She had plenty of time to SCREAM to get the attention of people's outside. Remember it was 2 to 3pm and I know she could've gotten some help. I didn't rest at all that night because I'm a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 2. Just thinking about that poor baby that didn't know any better gave me the CHILLS. I hope she's not protecting her boyfriend. But no we can't judge her but I know for sure she's going STRAIGHT TO HELL!!!!!

tennessee1776 said:
    April 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

It's so sad that this day and age we can't love our kids, they don't have a choice of who they come into this world to, if she didn't want him she should have left with someone who did, sourdersmeone had to see the signs, that is why I tell my kids everyday I love them, the parents should'nt have three hots and a cot for the rest of their sorry lives, but HELL don't want them so what should we as a society do with people who kill helpless children?