Cubs Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Texas
* The Cubs and Rangers last met in 2010 in Texas, and Chicago finished the series with back-to-back 5-4 victories against the Rangers.
* Since 2010, the Rangers are tied with the Yankees for the best record (37-17) in interleague play. Over that same time, only the Astros (13-32) and the Dodgers (16-29) have worse interleague records than the Cubs (18-30).
* The Rangers are allowing just over 2.50 runs per game in April (2.58). That would be their fewest runs allowed per game during the month of April since moving to Texas in 1972.
* The Cubs have hit three home runs twice over their last three games, after doing so just twice over their previous 47 games.
* Going back to 2011, Alexei Ogando has allowed a total of just two runs in his six starts. At the same time, Ogando has not allowed a single home run in 27.0 career innings pitched in interleague play.
* Starlin Castro has recorded five multi-hit games over his last seven contests. Since the beginning of the 2011 season, Castro has recorded 114 multi-hit games – second most in the NL (Brandon Phillips 115).