Blackhawks Game Notes For Monday vs. Dallas
* Dallas beat San Jose, 2-1, on Saturday and has now won five straight games by a combined score of 19-9. The Stars last had a 6-game winning streak from November 24-December 4, 2010.
* Chicago beat St. Louis, 2-0, yesterday – its fifth consecutive win with three of those victories coming via shutout. The Blackhawks have seven shutouts overall in 2012-13 – tied with Vancouver and St. Louis for most in the NHL.
* Chicago has defeated Dallas both times the two clubs have met this season, including an 8-1 thrashing back on March 16. The Blackhawks have more power-play goals (5) than the Stars have total goals (3) in their first two meetings of 2012-13.
* Vernon Fiddler had a helper in Saturday’s win, giving him 10 points (2g, 8a) during his current 6-game scoring streak overall. Fiddler has seven career markers vs. Chicago – tied for his second most vs. any team in the league.
* Marian Hossa netted his second goal in the last three games yesterday, giving him 15 markers in 2012-13 overall. Hossa has now lit the lamp at least 15 times in every season since 1998-99.
* Chicago is 9-0-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season.