Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday @ Minnesota
* Chicago defeated Nashville, 5-3, on Sunday, clinching a playoff spot for the fifth consecutive season. Opponents are 0-for-17 with the man-advantage against the Blackhawks in the last 10 tilts.
* Minnesota beat Columbus, 3-0, on Sunday, snapping its 3-game losing streak in the process. The Wild are 9-2-1 (.792) in their last 12 home contests – fifth best in the league since February 9.
* These two clubs have played twice in 2012-13, each winning once on home ice. The Blackhawks are 9-1-4 (.786) vs. the Wild overall since the beginning of 2009-10 – best of any Western Conference team.
* Jonathan Toews had a goal and a helper Sunday, giving him eight points (3g, 5a) in his last five skates and 40 points overall on the season. The Blackhawks’ captain, who will be playing in his 400th career regular-season contest tonight, has three markers and six assists during his current 5-game point streak against the Wild.
* Ryan Suter lit the lamp in Sunday’s win over Columbus, garnering first-star accolades for his performance. Including one goal this season, Suter has 26 career points (4g, 22a) vs. the Blackhawks – his most against any NHL club.
* With his 28th career shutout on Sunday, Nicklas Backstrom now has 20 victories in 2012-13 – most of any NHL netminder.