White Sox Game Notes For Friday vs. Seattle
* Chicago is 24-4 (.857) against Seattle since 2010, the best record by any MLB team against any opponent over that span (minimum 10 games).
* The White Sox have a team ERA of 1.00 through three games, tied for their third-lowest ERA through three games since 1921. Only the 1976 (0.35) and 1991 (0.67) teams had lower marks.
* Last season, the Seattle quartet of Kyle Seager (20), Michael Saunders (19), Justin Smoak (19) and Jesus Montero (15) all smacked at least 15 home runs, and none of the four was more than 25 years old at the end of the regular season. The last AL team to have four players 25 or younger hit 15+ home runs in a season was Texas in 1986 with Pete Incaviglia (30), Steve Buechele (18), Oddibe McDowell (18) and Ruben Sierra (16).
* Michael Morse is only the second player in Mariners history to have four home runs through four team games, joining Ken Griffey Jr. in 1997. Over his last 10 regular-season games dating back to last season, Morse is slugging 1.026 (40/39) with eight home runs and 16 RBI.
* Jose Quintana excelled during his first month as a big leaguer last season, posting a 1.76 ERA in May. After that, however, his ERA rose to 2.38 in June, 3.67 in July, 4.20 in August and finally 6.75 in September.
* Blake Beavan is walking just 1.41 batters per nine innings over his career. Among players starting their careers in 1900 or later, only Babe Adams (1.29) – who pitched from 1906-26 – has had a lower average over his career (minimum 40 starts).