National and World News

270,000 sign petition to ban dye from Kraft Mac & Cheese in US

Thousands of American parents are demanding that Kraft  Foods stop using controversial chemical dyes in their popular Mac & Cheese pasta.

More than 270,000 people signed a petition on Change.org. The dyes have been banned in other countries over concerns about potential health problems, including hyperactivity in children.

A spokesperson for Kraft says the company follows the laws in the countries where its products are sold.

270,000 sign petition to ban dye from Kraft Mac & Cheese in  US

7 Comments to “270,000 sign petition to ban dye from Kraft Mac & Cheese in US”

Jean said:
    April 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Then stop feeding your damn kids mac and cheese if you dont like it. Dont like it, dont buy it. Quit being a bunch of babies. God this country sucks.

Then Leave said:
      April 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Actually, the people that signed the petition did so with just as much ease as you did complaining about them. It was all via internet. God you suck!

smash44 said:
    April 1, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Too lazy to make your own? Live with it then. Or don't buy. How stupid are you people in this country?

Mom of 3 said:
    April 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

"concerns about potential health problems, including hyperactivity in children." Has this been proven? I fed this to my children and they were not hyperactive. When it's the only thing you can afford to feed them, you need to feed them something, and the state wouldn't help us with assistance. I agree, you don't want to feed it to your kids, then don't.

Guest said:
    April 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

See Center for Science in the Public Interest: http://www.cspinet.org/fooddyes/

john said:
    April 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I hope Kraft company dosen`t listen to these people. You would think they would find something more important to whine about. What a country of goofballs.

Angela said:
    April 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Caring about our children makes us goofballs and babies??? I make my own, but happen to care about my neighbors and friend's chidlren and thousands of others who don't yet understand the dangers of artificial food dyes. They make my child's throat swell up and they give my neice tics. So, of course I don't feed them to my children, but I feel there are a lot of people that don't realize the dangers and bottom line…they are not necessary. They can be replaced with natural food dyes to make a product that looks and tastes exactly the same, yet is sater. Kraft has already reformulated their mac and cheese for the UK, who requires a WARNING label if a product contains food dyes. I encourage you to educate yourself about this issue. To the people who can only afford Kraft and not the natural brands, this is exactly why we are asking Kraft to take out the dye…so they do not exploit the poor and the children whose parents are on a tight budget…like most of us these days.