* The Bulls have won their last four games against the Mavericks, including a 101-78 victory in Chicago on November 28. That was the largest margin of victory by the Bulls in this series since a 26-point win (111-85) on November 19, 1994
* Chicago is coming off a 101-97 win over Miami on Wednesday that snapped the Heat’s 27-game win streak. The Bulls had 12 more rebounds than Miami (43 to 31); the 13th time this season they have had a rebound margin of at least +10 in a game. The victory also clinched a playoff spot for the Bulls, who will be appearing in the postseason for a fifth straight year.
* The Mavericks lost by 25 points at home to the Pacers on Thursday; it was their third home loss by 25 or more points this season. They had zero home regular-season losses by 25+ points in the previous two seasons combined.
* Carlos Boozer had 21 points and 17 rebounds in Wednesday’s win over the Heat. The Bulls are 5-1 all-time when Boozer has 20+ points and 15+ boards in a game.
* Jimmy Butler has 37 points (on 11-for-21 shooting), 13 rebounds and seven assists in his two last games as the Bulls’ starting shooting guard. He started six games at small forward earlier this season, averaging 14.5 ppg (on 42.9 FG%), 8.8 rpg and 2.5 apg in those contests.
* Dirk Nowitzki has had 20+ points in two straight, three of his last four, and five of his last seven, games. He had a season-high 33 points against the Clippers on Tuesday.