Blackhawks Game Notes For Tuesday vs. Calgary
* Calgary beat St. Louis, 3-2, on Sunday, snapping a 3-game losing streak in the process. Entering tonight’s tilt, the Flames have dropped nine straight road games – tied for the longest road losing streak in franchise history (also lost nine straight road games from December 1, 1985 – January 12, 1986).
* The Blackhawks lost, 5-4, to the Kings last night and are now just 3-4-0 in their last seven games overall. Chicago is 6-0-0 in the second of back-to-back contests this season – best in the league.
* Chicago defeated Calgary, 3-2, in a shootout in the first meeting of the season between these two clubs on February 2. The Blackhawks have won eight straight home games vs. the Flames, outscoring Calgary by a combined 39-18 in those contests.
* Jarome Iginla netted the game-winning goal for the Flames on Sunday, giving him 83 game-winners overall during his career – third most of any active skater (Jagr – 116, Selanne – 107). Iginla has four points (1g, 3a) during his 3-game scoring streak vs. the Blackhawks, and 12 points (6g, 6a) in his last nine skates against Chicago overall.
* After scoring just four points in his first 28 games of 2012-13, Michael Frolik had two goals and a helper last night, gathering first-star accolades for his performance. Frolik has four points (1g, 3a) in eight career skates against the Flames.
* Miikka Kiprusoff is 12-13-1-5 with a 2.92 GAA and .901 save percentage in 32 career appearances vs. Chicago. The Blackhawks are the only Western Conference club that Kiprusoff has never shut out.