Blackhawks Game Notes For Monday vs. Kings
* The Kings lost, 1-0, at home to the Canucks on Saturday – their second consecutive shutout overall, after getting blanked just once in the first 29 tilts of the season. Los Angeles has been shut out three straight times just once in franchise history (January 1-7, 1969).
* The Blackhawks dropped a 4-2 decision in Anaheim last Wednesday, and are now 3-3-0 in their last six games overall (21-0-3 in first 24 games). Both of Chicago’s markers vs. the Ducks were on special teams (1 PPG, 1 SHG).
* Including victories in both meetings this season, Chicago is 12-2-2 in its last 16 tilts vs. Los Angeles. That said, the Kings have skated away with a win two of the last three times the clubs have played at United Center.
* Los Angeles killed off all three of Vancouver’s opportunities with the man-advantage on Saturday – its fourth straight game without allowing a power-play goal (12-for-12 on the penalty-kill during streak). The Kings are one of five teams yet to allowing a shorthanded marker in 2012-13.
* Jonathan Toews netted his second shorthanded marker of the season last Wednesday and has now lit the lamp four times during his current season-high 3-game goal-scoring streak. Toews has nine points (5g, 4a) in his last six skates vs. the Kings.
* With a win tonight, Joel Quenneville will move into sole position of sixth place among coaches all-time with 649 career victories.