Bulls Game Notes For Thursday vs. Portland
* The Trail Blazers have won the last three, and eight of the last 10, games in this series, including a 102-94 home victory on November 18.
* Portland is just 9-25 on the road this season, including having lost 10 of its last 11 games away from home. The nine road wins are actually one more than the Trail Blazers had last season (8-25), but they are also tied for the third fewest in franchise history.
* Taj Gibson hopes to return to action tonight. The Chicago forward has missed the last 10 games with an injury. The Bulls are 4-6 in those contests.
* LaMarcus Aldridge has had five straight games with 20+ points and 10+ rebounds. That is tied for the longest single-season streak of his career (also January 2-9, 2011). Since the start of the 1985-86, the only other Portland player with 20+ points and 10+ boards in five straight games in the same season is Arvydas Sabonis (5 straight games, March 12-19, 1998).
* Damian Lillard was held to eight points in Tuesday’s loss to the Bucks, snapping his 15-game streak with double-digit points.
* Nate Robinson had 34 points, seven assists and seven turnovers in Monday’s overtime loss to the Nuggets. The last Bulls’ player with at least 34 points, seven assists and seven turnovers in a game was Derrick Rose (39/7/7) against the Pistons on October 30, 2010.