Man, 34, charged in stabbing death of Elgin woman

A man has been charged in the stabbing death of a woman from Elgin.

Elgin-victim-suspect

Lisa Koziol-Ellis (left) was found dead in her Elgin townhouse. Paul Johnson (right) is accused in her murder.

Paul Johnson, 34, has now been charged with first-degree murder, home invasion and residential burglary.

He is accused in the murder of Lisa Koziol-Ellis, who was stabbed to death inside of her townhouse in Elgin earlier this month.

His bond has been set for $5 million.

The husband of Koziol-Ellis found her body.

They had only been living in the townhome for a few days.

Johnson’s next court date will be March 27.

57 Comments to “Man, 34, charged in stabbing death of Elgin woman”

Mitchell said:
    March 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Lisa Koziol-Ellis was stabbed to death by neighbor.

Darwin said:
    March 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Oh look, another chimp killed somebody.

Darwin said:
      March 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Twelve dislikes…is that all. I want to piss-off 100 people, c'mon. Show me how white people don't like to be called chimps!

Ken said:
        March 18, 2013 at 9:54 AM

This is a serious topic. Show some respect and not just how ignorant you are.

Darwin said:
        March 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Oh, it's serious when a white dude kills somebody…oh I get it. But not the other way around. Go f*ck yourself!

Ken said:
        March 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

its serious when anyone kills anyone. when did race enter this?

Darwin said:
        March 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

First day reading wgn news story comments Ken?

Ken said:
        March 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM

First day intentionally being a D-bag Darwin?

Darwin said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Chimp, chimp, chimpidy, chimp, chimp.

keeping real said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

where is that dumdass chmps comments by tired of morons??? my prayers to the amilies and i hope that animal get put down!!!!

Jay said:
      March 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Perhaps, this white trash is Tired of the Morons himself!

Tired of Morons said:
      March 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM

If he was black you would get them dipshit.

Chimpy said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I guess I'm too white to get what chimp means

Tanya said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Lisa was a very awesome lady! I hope that when he goes to jail he gets his ass handed to him u no good sob!!!!

Paul's Mom said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

"He was a good boy, he just found Jesus and was going to night school."

Guest said:
      March 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

he wanted to be black. this is as close as he got.

Kay said:
        March 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Somehow, someway, you racists always got to put black people in it. Even if the crime don't envolve Black people.

Guest said:
        March 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM

tell that to dumbass Darwin.

Rachel said:
      March 18, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Really? Good boys stab women to death? What would Jesus think?

Anon- said:
      March 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM

So then did Jesus tell him being a good boy meant it was okay to end another person's life?

Fed up said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I hope this scumbag gets the maximum sentence.

Moose said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I feel for this family, but this was a gated community they say. They tend not to let people that look allow shady looking people live there. Also at 35-40 sec in the vid it amuses me that they start to say bringing some one to justice then state that "Making an arrest was the most important thing." "With that I think the community is better off and safer." Makes me wonder if they went hey who is a criminal in that area and nabbed them. No where does it do they state how they tracked the killer down. Cause even in high profile cases they state that. I say it was the husband, in his intial interview he wasn't even crying while talking to the press and offering a reward. Yes he had a remorseful tone to it but really come on if that was my wife no matter how much I cried before hand I would still be sobbing when talking about it. Lets look to see what kind of health insurance policy she had out on herself and who she left any money to.

A friend said:
      March 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

You obviously know nothing of Lisa or Dash. Quite assuming, because you're looking like an ass.

Another friend said:
      March 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Fuck you, buddy.

Someone Close said:
      March 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Moose, a nearly two week, 24×7 police investigation led to the arrest of a career criminal who committed similar crimes in the past, who lived two doors from the victim, and who (it appears) told police that he not only killed her with a screwdriver, he then stabbed her multiple times with a knife, then went back to cover up the scene … and you cast dispersions on her grieving husband. You should be ashamed of yourself.

another friend said:
      March 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Except Dash was in shock and had a rock solid alibi. and you are a total jack@$$.

your stupid petty comments put you just a shade above Paul Johnson on the POS-o-Meter, imo.

Anon- said:
      March 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Dash is an amazing person. How dare you.

Otherside said:
      March 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Really? Um yea, I don't think so. It was also stated that this POS broke into their house to steal a DVD player. That's right, Lisa died over a DVD player. As for Dash, it's called shock. I know first hand what that feels like. I am a victim of a home invasion and I cannot BELIEVE how calm and emotionless I was while I had a gun to my head, being yelled yet while other family members were being beaten. It was almost like a total high. Then much later I felt a big wave, like a sonic boom rush into my entire body with such pressure and pain as the shock finally went off. The point is, people react differently to horror, pain and loss. Until you experience, do not judge it.

Marie said:
      March 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Most definitely NOT the husband. If you didn't notice that they kept stopping the tapes between the interview when he started to get too worked up to talk go look back over it. He did cry they just either cut that part or didn't film it. You obviously were not there to see for yourself. Take care….

Moose is an idioit said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Moose. You are a MORON

A friend said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

*quit (Sorry, I'm pissed off)

Like you care said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

WGNTV. Why don't you screen comments!?

Darwin said:
      March 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yeah, there's so many racists comments that are let go when a black man commits a crime on other stories and they are never screened. But now it's an outrage. I don't care!

Fed up said:
        March 18, 2013 at 12:26 PM

An educated guess would be that when a black man commits a violent crime, it's not a shock to anybody anymore. People are just numb to it. Change yourselves, and your world will change!

A friend said:
      March 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM

They'll allow racist and insensitive comments, however they sensor the word a$$. Ridiculous.

TMG said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM

It is not a gated community in any way, shape, or form.

smh@thecomments said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM

wow… i wanted to read this article but i guess i will find it elsewhere… WAY too many disturbing comments about a woman that was MURDERED!! (bottom line).. and when did that complex become gated?? better yet… just an fyi "life" and "health" iinsurance are 2 different things!

Joe Dokes said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Looks like a possible burglary gone bad. If you place is robbed, the cops won't do much, but with a homicide, they will get prints, hair samples, etc – which will lead them to the burgler.

Joe Dokes said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

He's probably a drug addict with prison tats; so, unless he was falsely accused, he left some DNA evidence that allowed them to trace him. Case solved?

Jay said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Where's the imbecile Tired of the Morons?

Darwin said:
      March 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Yeah, where is the piece of sh*t?

Claudia Uribe said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Im sorry for the loss of this woman…

But a COP kills 2 and gets hit with $500,000 Bond

This guy kills 1 and gets hit with $5 million bond

What is wrong with this picture????

likeyoucare said:
      March 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Bond makes little sense in either case but this guy is a career criminal.

For the victims said:
      March 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM

My sentiments EXACTLY!! Like I said before remember the judge who only set bail at $500K for the police officer who killed those two young men on Lake Shore Drive. My condolences to the family of Lisa Ellis.

Shelley said:
        March 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM

This has nothing to do with that….stop your complaining and give the woman who lost her life the respect she deserves…post your political rants somewhere else.

patricia brown said:
    March 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Trow the book at him

Nameless said:
    March 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I knew this guy since high school – well. I am not totally surprised he was charged with this. He has always been a criminal. Nice guy, and I didn't expect he would go this far. I am disgusted, disturbed, appalled, and EMBARRASSED to say I know him. Lisa was my dad's co-worker's sister. I am embarrassed that I know him.

GOD BLESS Lisa's family – my heart aches for their unexpected and tragic loss at the hands of another fucking monster. My prayers are with her family. And may God have mercy on Paul's black soul.

anonymous said:
    March 18, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Wow the ignorance of some.peeps… That guy is a peice of shit crackhead obviously and for u above to stick.ip for a piece of shit like that and accuse a greiving husband … Shame.on.you your a Piece of shit as well and deserve a good ass kicking …..

Apalled said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I also knew this guy in high school . He was a constant reminder of why I wanted to move out of that town, Elgin. He was always in trouble or looking for trouble. Mentally unstable and it's unfortunate that it has taken him murdering that beautiful girl to be removed from society. I pray for Lisa's family and know that he will get what he deserves in this life and after IN HELL!

angel said:
    March 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Why does the tattoo on her neck look just like the man that killed her??? crazy!!!!!!!!!!

A friend of Lisa's said:
      March 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM

ummm. what are you talking about? he has crappy prison tats on his neck. Lisa has a work of art on her neck.

out for justice said:
    March 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Do you dumb asses really think that a person would go 3 houses down from where he lives and kill a person than just walk home and go to sleep are you that fucking stupid?????

out for justice said:
    March 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM

is elgin pd really getting hard up to solve cases?? why dont you look harder check the brother closer maybe you'll find something. the guys brother is a drug addict,brakes into home,dont work and lives in park ridge but hangs out in elgin. oh yes he informed to the police about his brother to collect the reward money. does that not sound fishy to you it does to me

Guest said:
      March 20, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I hope you went to the Elgin Police with this information and not just commenting on news articles. If this is really true, they need to know.

Joesph said:
    March 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM

grab the most current coupon codes by the protein works
    the protein works online coupons

out for justice said:
    March 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

News Flash!! did anyone check out booner dumbrowski the brother of this paul johnson dude? this guy is going around telling how the murder went down in detail. and this puss bag wants to hold a press conference about the muder. tell me this guy is not part of this crime. Elgin PD wake up!!

michael kors montres said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I like this web blog very much, Its a rattling nice situation to read and obtain info . ¡°¡®Taint¡¯t worthwhile to wear a day all out before it comes.¡± by Sarah Orne Jewett. michael kors montres http://sacmichaelkorsmontre.webnode.fr%2