Sports

Welcome JD!

DSC01352First off, Happy Spring Training to all the great Cub fans out there. Yes, I know, you’ve all been champing at the bit for our TV schedule to kick in.  Me too!  It’s finally here this weekend.  And I was especially excited to finally be on the air yesterday with my new partner, Jim Deshaies.  He will quickly become “JD” for all of you, that’s what all his baseball friends call him.  I won’t get into his background too much in this blog as we will have a “Meet Jim” (or “JD” if you will) theme for Sunday’s telecast against the A’s. But suffice it to say, he has long been one of my favorite analysts in the game.  I have to give his Houston broadcast partner of 16 years, Bill Brown, credit as well.  Bill is a terrific, very underrated play-by-play man and they always made a great team.  If you were unfamiliar with JD’s work prior to Saturday, let me tell you what makes him so good:  1) he knows the game having been in it for 3 decades, 2) he has a very comfortable and breezy delivery on the air and lets the game breathe, 3) he has a wonderful sense of humor and a self-deprecating spin on his place in the world.  For all those reasons, you’re gonna love having him in your living room everyday throughout the summer.

Len

7 Comments to “Welcome JD!”

Irv Black said:
    March 17, 2013 at 1:20 PM

We will be watching this Sunday from Ocala, Florida.
    We wish you JD best of luck on your new venture as a Cub broadcaster.
    Irv Black, Ocala, FL

beverly knapp said:
    March 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Good luck! I know you will be awesome.

Tad said:
    March 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Hi, how are things? I just discussed this page with a associate, we had a good chuckle.

Joesph said:
    March 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

the most up-to-date promotion codes by the protein works
    the protein works discounts

Joesph said:
    March 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

obtain the most current coupon codes for the protein works
    the protein works coupons

Antony said:
    March 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

If that's what you say

Astrofan said:
    March 27, 2013 at 5:05 AM

After watching numerous spring training games with the 'new' Houston announcers, I'm gonna convert to a Cubs fan just to listen to JD and Len. You're sorely missed, JD. The new Astros broadcast team can't hold a candle to your work in Houston.